4/03/2012

The Hunger Games: Love In Vein


The Hunger Games: Love In Vein




Securing the top spot in the box office, The Hunger Games is the most sought out book/ movie of the moment. I won't go into much detail about the plot. Just in case you haven't seen it yet, I do not want to spoil it for you! 

The movie/ book The Hunger Games is the inspiration for this outfit that embodies the look of Katniss Everdeen during the actual game. I chose destroyed denim because I feel that best portrays the look I’m going for. I also went with an over sized jacket. I like how the jacket doesn't have long sleeves, it is light enough for spring but it is still a good transition from cold weather to the warmer season. For shoes, I went with a pair of Dr. Martens that has a floral patterned fold over that really adds to the look of the woodsy aspect that can be found in The Hunger Games. This is my interpretation of how to translate Hunger Games fashion into every day life!

I also love the reference of "love in vein" in this set! It foreshadows the plot perfectly (well, not the whole plot but part of it at least)! I saw the movie but I have not read the books yet! I have a list of books that I must read before I can indulge in The Hunger Games series! I am dying to know what happens next! 

May The Odds, Be Ever In Your Favor. 






The Hunger Games: Love In Vein by bellalurosa featuring distressing jeans

Isabel Marant belted jacket
$730 - lagarconne.com

Miss Selfridge distressing jeans
$68 - missselfridge.com

Dr. Martens vintage shoes
$160 - nordstrom.com

Gucci sunglasses
$295 - net-a-porter.com

Clé de Peau Beauté eyeshadow
$55 - barneys.com

Giorgio Armani blush
$44 - nordstrom.com

Lancôme lipstick
$30 - lancome-usa.com

Christian Dior fragrance
£49 - johnlewis.com

Lalique fragrance
$1,650 - bloomingdales.com

Philosophy body moisturizer
$24 - lordandtaylor.com

Philosophy body cleanser
$16 - nordstrom.com

Christian Dior nail polish
$23 - nordstrom.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.