10/01/2012

XOXO~ Gossip Girl


"Hello Upper East Siders." is the first line of every single Gossip Girl episode. I would know, I've watched them all. All 111. My life is sad people, my life is sad (said in a sarcastic and enthusiastic complaining voice- if there is such a thing). I am pretty sure positive I live my life vicariously through Gossip Girl. Living in New York City, wearing Prada, Louboutin, and Badgley Mischka on the reg- HELLO HEAVEN. Though, I could do without the limos, they cause me headaches.

Enough of me ranting about my love for Gossip Girl. 

Today, my outfit was inspired by my favorite character: Serena van der Woodsen (played by Blake Lively). I know, I know, so many people always have Gossip Girl inspired outfits, but how could you not? They're all awesome.

 I love Serena's style... but lets be real here, I love all the Gossip Girl characters style. Serena always looks sophisticatedly chic, yet not too "Upper East Side", and that is what I was going for. I think I did a pretty good job of capturing the "not snobby" city girl look.

In the pictures, I am wearing heels and you may be wondering if I actually wore heels to school. The answer to that is: no. Why did I not wear them to school? Well, I did not want to die today. My school is three floors, with two flights up steps to walk up to get to each floor (and the steps and hallways are always crowded) so I thought I would save myself the trouble of struggling up the steps and I wore snake skin flats instead. 

*Another quick, irrelevant note*
Today I wore my blazer because I had an AP US History test, and I meant business, and I was ready to get down to business. Wow, and now I am singing the song from the disney movie Mulan called "Lets Get Down to Business". You know, the training warrior song!

I tried to imitate one of the many casually chic pony tails that Serena often sports. But, her hairstylist is an unimitatable (I made that word up) genius and I completely failed. 



I apologize (for the billionth time) for the bad quality/ bad lighting of the pictures. I am working on getting a good quality camera, but I have to earn it first because they are a tad extremely expensive.

Anyways, that was my OOTD. 

Sorry I had no gossip to report.

XOXO
Gossip Girl

....

Sorry, I had to...

Anyways,

Love Always,

Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. Love the outfit! Envy the earrings. I can't wear earrings :|

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Found you through LC website..nice to meet ya and I hope you will come visit me!
    Rosalyn
    http://www.just2fancy.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.